Friday, September 18, 2009

School, Sickness and Stones

What a beginning of the year.  It has definitely started with a bang.  My class is wonderful this year.  A little chatty, but I have yet to see any signs of defiance or any mean students.  But just like every year before, the beginning of the year came crashing down on me.  There's nothing like going from only interacting with a few people a day to having a school full of 600 plus kids that are all sniffling and sneezing.  So it didn't take long before I was feeling ill.  And then on top of that, the first Sunday of the year where I had to play was accompanied with severe back pain.  I honestly thought it was a kidney stone.  I was wondering if I had done something to deserve all of these misfortunes all at the same time.  Luckily, there was no kidney stone, I'm feeling better thanks to the doc, and the year is now sliding into it's groove.  Sheesh! What a beginning of the year.

But every bad thing always has a silver lining.  That silver lining came to me in the form of a song from one of my good friends, Jay McKenney.  It's entitled "Kidney Stone".  You can click here to listen to it.  Enjoy.

3 comments:

Little Spouse in the Old House said...

That's a pretty funny song- although I don't think it will ever hit the top ten. Love, Mom

Phil said...

Not only will that song hit top ten, it will be in all ten spots. It has Ben's name in it, it's gold.

Also,
www.facebook.com

Join us . . .

Julia said...

Having been there I can really appreciate this song....You're not welcome here...I sooo get that!