Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New Music - Something

Finally I was able to finish the demo of my latest track entitled "Something". Although it has nothing to do with my life now, it has everything to do with the fact when people are single, they are looking for someone with that special something. And it's usually not something that is typical that catches your eye initially. It's the obscure and odd things that usually stand out. Without giving too much away and allowing you all to interpret it the way you want to in your own head, you can listen to it at Porter Music. Just click on "Something" to hear or even download it. Feel free to pass it on, or not, and tell me what you think about it. Go ahead and critique it as much as you want since it is a demo. The more ideas on the table, the better. Enjoy. Here are the lyrics as well.

Something
Written by B. Porter
Copyright 2008

Verse 1
Say Something…You know that everything will turn out just fine
Wait a moment…You know you’ve got to get the timing just right

Pre-Chorus 1
I’ve thought for hours, even long days and nights
It’s just a new beginning but it’s welling up inside

Chorus 1
There’s something about you girl that makes you attractive
I don’t know what it is, but I think that I like it

Verse 2
Walk on over…you know you have to make your dream become real
Don’t panic…you know you have to let her know how you feel

Pre-Chorus 2
I really need to warn you so I’m gonna let you know
You make me feel like a ticking bomb and I’m ready to explode
So it’s off, away I go

Chorus 2
There’s something about you girl that makes you attractive
I don’t know what it is, but I think that I like it
There’s something about you girl that makes you exotic
I don’t know what it is, but I know that I like it… like it… like it

Bridge
Something sweet, something mean
Something that’s bold and scary, something extraordinary
Something real, something free
Something that’s young and spiteful, something that’s clearly delightful,

Verse 3
Say Something…You hope that everything will turn out just fine
Don’t wait a moment…Before she leaves and it’s your final goodbye

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's some lyrics I thought you'd like. I felt like posting something random.

"Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air (Theme Song)"

Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I liked to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys
Who were up to no good
Startin making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

I begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed my suite case and send me on my way
She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.
I put my walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.

First class, yo this is bad
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
Is this what the people of Bel-Air Living like?
Hmmmmm this might be alright.

But wait I hear there're prissy, wine all that
Is Bel-Air the type of place they send this cool cat?
I don't think sow
I'll see when I get there
I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well, the plane landed and when I came out
There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out
I ain't trying to get arrested
I just got here
I sprang with the quickness like lightening, disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I can say this cab is rare
But I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air