Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow Days and Mixed Feelings

First of all, it's freaking cold up here. On Sunday morning, it began to dump snow on the greater Portland area and dropped down to the twenties over the last few days. Sunday was beautiful, but it came with some problems. Not only did Alli and I miss church, but we also were not able to go see My Name is Bruce on Sunday night. Bruce was even going to be there to talk about the movie. We even had tickets. ARG! Darn you, snow! But shortly after being disappointed with the missing of the movie, I was soon overjoyed to find out the Monday, and also Tuesday, School was canceled. Early spring break! Sweet. The only real problems is that it's still stinking cold. Brrrrr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh - you poor little guy! We woke up two days ago and it was 2 degrees. It never got over 14 all day. Yesterday wasn't much better - it started out at about 10 and got to a blistering 18. But we were out and about. Today we woke up to about 4 inches of snow. Don't worry, you'll toughen up soon.

Sorry to hear about you missing the movie and seeing Bruce in person. But, hey, you already personally know a rugged guy named Bruce - right?

Ben and Alli said...

And on top of that, your sick too. Man! This will be the last time I complain about the snow...even though tomorrow will be the third snow day in a row. I'm actually kind of bored. For once, I actually want to go into work and can't. They are predicting a huge storm tomorrow and for the rest of the week. Could it be a solid 3 week vacation? Who knows. I guess I can do my Spring Cleaning now instead of in the spring. At least the room will be ready for mini-Porter when he comes.