Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Man and his Maiden

A couple of weeks ago, I had a little ditty in my head that turned out to be a catchy tune. Although it wasn't something that I would typically write as a songwriter, I though I might as well write it. Flash forward to last weekend. Hesitantly, I sung the tune to a friend and asked him if he thought it was good enough to record. His answer was an immediate yes. So my friend Travis and I began to organize the music so that it would be a complete song. We recorded the guitars, which sounded great, but only made it half way through the vocals. We literally couldn't do more because I hadn't finished the song. Honestly, I wasn't even planning on recording it that day because it was just an idea when I showed it to Travis. Luckily all it took was one week of writing and another session of recording and we have a rough cut.

The song is entitled "The Man and his Maiden." It's about a man who has it all, but needs a lady. I know that this is a far stretch from my typical Serus Victoria style songs, but I hope you all like it. To listen to it just go to the Porter Music link on the side of the page or just click here. Also, I have posted a few old songs, some new acoustic demos of past songs, and a new cut of "Little Eyes", which was also finished today. Enjoy!

1 comment:

amz said...

I instantly liked "The Man and his Maiden" because I could very clearly understand your lyrics - perfectly balanced to me.

The lyrics were good and the tune is so catchy. My favorite song by far of your latest stuff.

:) amz