Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sick Days

Sick days come once in a blue moon for me. But when they do, I guess I need to take advantage of them. Today marks the first sick day in an entire year. I couldn't believe that it had been that long since I had been ill in the last year. This got me thinking about the many things that we have a tendency to forget about. With so much happening in our world that is negative and has a tendency to distract us from the positives, it makes it hard to remember to be grateful for the things we do have...like only having to take one sick day out of an entire year. So, out of a desire to focus on the little things that I rarely do, here is a few things I'm grateful for on my sick day.
  1. Honey and tea...nothing else feels so good on a soar throat.
  2. Technology...not only can I blog, but I can also email, video chat, play games, and watch my dad preach on Sundays.
  3. Substitute teachers...without them I would have had to go in to school today.
  4. Ramen...need I say more.
  5. Silence...I guess I should suck up as much of this as possible before baby Porter arrives.
  6. And last...tissues, because my nose seems to be running a freaking marathon today.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey, I had Ramen for lunch today too! Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Is that a new sickness? A SOAR throat? Feels like its flying away? Don't be "sore" about the correction. Sorry you're sick dude. Get better soon. Love you - Dad

Phil said...

Don't forget LOST, BSG, and Burn Notice. They cure a sore throat quick

Anonymous said...

I thought Ramen was your substitute teacher! Yeah for subs! Love, Mom

Melinda said...

Feeling better?