Monday, April 6, 2009

OK Hike


There is nothing like stepping out your door, driving to the forest and hiking on a dreary day. The only thing I usually struggle with is what to listen to as I hike. But since today was drizzling and especially dark, I thought a little Radiohead OK Computer would do well. It did. It was perfect! And it made it even better to hike to the Stone House in Forest Park. It was an old Works Progress Administration (WPA) project in the 1930s but later was abandoned and ruined in the 1962 Columbus Day Storm. It all looked very spooky and ancient. All in all, music + hiking + sweet old houses = a jolly good time.


3 comments:

Tyler said...

you must have done this hike on a day other than today because it was a little bit nicer out today.

Ben and Alli said...

I did it on my spring break. Not much of a spring break though. Oregon needs to have it's spring break on the week of Easter like California. All this good weather is making me frustrated because I'm stuck in a classroom all day. As for my "spring break", it was more like a rainy break. But we were able to play a lot of FIFA, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

JHNickodemus said...

Is it bad if I want to take the building in the last picture and turn it into a cute little tea house?!