Friday, February 27, 2009

31 and Counting: #23 - Shepherd's Pie

I know that year after year I have said that Taco Salad is my favorite food of all time...but there is a new food coming in at a close second that is constantly pushing the envelope of "Ben's Favorite Food," Shepherd's pie is that food.  I don't know what it is, but over the last year I have started to love particular things that are simple yet satisfying.  First off there's lots of meat in it that's mixed up with a bunch of vegetables.  On top of that, it's all swimming in a pool of gravy, many a times which has dark beers in the mix.  And then all of that is covered completely with the best comfort food of all time... mashed potatoes!  I also love when it's been put in the broiler and the top of it is nice and crispy.  Finally, the best part about shepherd's pie is that my wife knows how to make it and makes it well.  Go Alli!

No comments: