Monday, February 9, 2009

31 and Counting: #28 - The Wii


Being part of the generation that grew up with video games, I am always a sucker for a good time with a game system.  I can remember the day I got my first game system.  I had saved up all of my money to purchase a Sega Genesis.  It was so cool.  The sleek black system with the three button controllers.  And then I moved onto the Playstation.  And then onto the PS2.  But now that a PS3 costs $500, I couldn't stand dropping that much cash just to buy a system and then pay more on top of that to get games.  Gladly, Nintendo released the Wii.  

The thing I love the most about the Wii is that I have endless options of entertainment.  If you want to play old school games like Super Mario Bros. or Streets of Rage, you can do it with the simple purchase of the game off of the web, and then the game is installed onto your own system.  If you want to dive into motion style games, you can do this by playing games like Wii Sports.  Then comes my favorite...the shooting games.  It's just like back in the day when we would go to the arcade and drop millions of quarters into Operation Wolf.  You can also drive with the Wii Wheel as well with Mario Kart.  I know that there are only a few games that take you through a huge story, like Resident Evil 4, but it's perfect for a person like me who only has limited time to play games.  And the best part of it is... Alli even plays every once in a while.  (She even out drives me in Mario Kart! Arg!)

2 comments:

Sandy N said...

Hello it has been a while since I stalked your blog... I have to say that we have really enjoyed our Wii. When we bought it I was pretty much against it but went along with it for Rick and the girls. But.. I tell you now I play it almost more than anyone. You really should try Animal crossing. That has been our new fav. It is like a virtual reality in a way, you have a mortgage that you have to pay off. You plant trees and grow fruit, or go fishingand then go sale those items to the store owner. So that you can earn the money to pay off the mortgage, so that you can upgrade/remodel your house.
So anyways now that I left a long "letter" for a comment. We also like Mario Kart too.

Jamie said...

Yup, for the first time ever in bro/sis history, I LOVE the same game system as you. Never got into playing any of your old systems with you, although I will never forget playing Grand Slam baseball (?) when you asked about pitching a brushback (LOL)! But the Wii is one in a million. I love the games, the yoga, the Mario Kart, and the kids can play along!