Wednesday, February 18, 2009

31 and Counting: #25 - Scarves


I've never been a fan of accessorizing.  I had an earring at one time but it didn't last too long (even though it's now been 7 years since I wore one and I still to this day have a hole in my ear).  But there is something about a scarf that just makes sense to me.  It's not to flashy. It serves the purpose of keeping your neck warm, which is great for those cold Oregon days.  They can be home made or store bought.  It also can bring in a little color to spice things up.  Scarves are also a great way to support your local soccer team.  Scarves with team names can be swung around or held high in support of your team at a game or even be worn around town to show pride in your team.  Lastly, there are so many different ways to wear a scarf.  You can hang it on your neck, wrap it around, or double it over and pull it through (I've been told that this is the Euro way to wear a scarf).  And the best thing is, scarves last a really long time.  You could even begin to have a scarf collection if you wanted to.  Man, I LOVE SCARVES!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Scarves? I don't know about you sometimes...

Ben and Alli said...

Just wait. If you move up here, you'll have a new found love for something that keeps you warm. Either that or I'm a pansy and can't stand the cold.

Ben

Jamie said...

I think that's a little of your emo side showing. And here's some of my organizational teacher side showing...your numbers are off (you're on 25)! Ha, ha!

Ben and Alli said...

Emo? No. Metro? Yes.

Ben

Anonymous said...

Real men wear scarves!