Wednesday, February 4, 2009

31 and Counting: #29 - Rain

I know, I know. I live in Oregon and I love the rain.  The funny thing about this fact is that everyone around me that knows this thinks that I'm nuts.  They think that rain is dreary and dull and the days are way too dark.  They also complain that multiple days of rain make it so that people have to stay inside.  Well not me.  I love the rain.  I love the way it smells right before a rain.  Dull, dreary days are relaxing and are perfect for reading and playing video games.  Everything looks cleaner after a good rain and the air is much cleaner as well.  I like it so much, when we have stretches of days where it doesn't rain, I wake up hoping that it's raining outside.  And who says you can't do anything outside when it's raining.  You can play soccer, hike, bike, or even play in the mud.  There's so many good things that come from rain, I don't know how people could not love it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it also can give you an excuse to stay in and play games all day. woot!

Sandy N said...

I agree with you. I always get the craziest looks when I say I love the rain. But I think it is refreshing. I love the fresh air smell.