Monday, September 22, 2008

Quality Time With Sam

Every once in a while there is a TV show that gets you hooked. For some reason it has the right chemistry of actors and a perfect blend of action, comedy, and drama that gets you so pumped up that you can't wait for the next episode. Although I watch more television that I should, one of my favorites is Burn Notice. (Super spy guy helps those in need while giving witty banter on the how-to of spy work.) Even Alli loves it. But the best part about the entire show is Sam, who is played by Oregon's very own Bruce Campbell. Bruce, of Evil Dead fame, plays Sam, an older retired spy who loves the ladies, drinks far too much, but always comes through in the end. So why bring up this show and Bruce? First is to say that I'm ecstatic to know that last Thursday's episode was not the finale and that the second season will continue in January. Yipee! Second is to spread the goodness that is Burn Notice to all of the non-watchers out there. And third is to say how awesome Bruce (aka Sam) was in person. Alli and I got to meet him at a book signing at the Borders in Fresno. Honestly, I can now say that I have never met anyone quite as cool as Bruce. I guess guys with the name Bruce are just awesome (That means you too, Dad). Enjoy.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Love the picture. The reason Phil and I started watching the show was because we thought the actor that plays Michael was a dead ringer for you.

Ben and Alli said...

You aren't the first person to say that. More people than I can count have told me that we look alike. Now if only I was a super spy like him, that would be awesome.

Ben

Phil said...

All you have to do is run around in Prada suits, wear hip sunglasses, and constantly have a voice over revealing cool spy secrets. BTW, finally saw the finale. Time for Michael to have the upper hand and I see the winter season fulfilling that. I have high hopes.

Julia said...

We LOVE Burn Notice and are totally fluent in spy talk. I'm so jealous that you met Bruce Campbell. (When was that by the way???) I think I will Photo Shop you out of that picture and me in!