Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Oops!

This week has been chalked full of funny things. Having parent conferences and long hours always leads to funny stories. Here are a few of them.

While asking one of my students "What is one thing that you're proud of that you have done in the classroom?", her brother (about a second later) farted loudly on the chair next to her (on accident, of course). We all just sat there looking at each other silently waiting to see who would crack first. As soon as her dad started laughing, we all lost it...for about two minutes. The only thing I could say to her was, "At least you can be proud of the fact that you,ve never farted in my class." All we could do was laugh our way through the end of the conference.

Looking back on my life, there are many times in the past when I wish that I had just kept my mouth shut instead of saying something that I shouldn't have said. Today was one of them. Our PE teacher had some students turn in two softballs that they found on the field. They happened to be promotional softballs for Hungry Howie's Pizza. All you had to do was call in an order and you got a free large pizza for each softball that you had. So I called and asked if the promotion was still on and if we could get a single large pizza. After talking to the manager and found out that the deal was good, he transferred me back to the female receptionist. But in my excitement of getting a free pizza, I stopped and though that it would be easier to get two free pizzas instead of one. So instead of asking for a second pizza, I uttered, "Actually, I have two balls." All I heard was silence on the other end of the line. Everyone in the staff room started cracking up. All of the sudden it donned on me what I had actually said. I then tried to spit out the fact that I had two "softballs" (which made me and my teacher friends laugh even harder) and wanted two free pizzas. You can only imagine where the conversations went from there. Although this was quite embarrassing (the receptionist started laughing when I arrived at the pizza place with my two balls), at least we ate for free today.

4 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

That is just entirely awesome. Flatulence is just funny.

I once stepped up to the counter at Subway and meant to order a footlong-meatball-sandwich. Yeah, I asked for a "meatlog".

Phil said...

I know all too well that silence on the other end of the phone. Too funny Ben, too funny!

Anonymous said...

Great stuff, farts are always funny.