Friday, October 17, 2008

Why Blog?

Blogging is still a relatively new thing to me. I love the idea that I can put things on the web for all to see and enjoy. It actually really makes me miss having a band website to work on (sniff sniff). But since the majority of you that read this are bloggers, I wanted to toss out a question. I guess talking about lurkers got me thinking more about the art of blogging. The question is, what do you use your blog for?

Here's what I think.
  1. Blogs are for sharing. Being a teacher we always jokingly say, "Sharing is caring," but honestly...I think it is. It's nice to share ideas and family pictures to others who may not see you on a regular basis.
  2. Blogs are your own personal podium. Many people love to give opinions on particular things like movies, music, or sports. Since it's your own blog and you have total control, you can give your opinion and not have to ask any one's permission to post things to the Internet. Although I do miss the times I had to check with the old band to post things on our website, it's nice to have complete freedom to do whatever I want to do.
  3. Last, blogs are a good way to make connections. You can connect to friends and family through posts and comments. You can also connect people to other blogs or websites by dropping links or pictures.
Now that you know my reasons, why do you blog and what do you use your blog for?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

to have a voice, to be a part of the blogosphere, to let out my thoughts.

Unknown said...

because there's not always someone around to listen to me rant.

Phil said...

Blogging is a way for me to articulate things I'm thinking that don't translate well in regular conversation.